2. Lindsay Lohan was originally cast as Regina George, but she was switched to the role of Cady because of her Freaky Friday success.
Mark Waters told Vulture, “Sherry Lansing, who was heading Paramount at the time, told us, ‘We have to have Lindsay play the lead in Mean Girls. It’s just not going to work having her play the villain, because she now has an audience that won’t accept that.’”
5. The film was almost forced to cut the “wide-set vagina” line.
The MPAA tried to cut the line, but Anchorman had just come out and Will Ferrell got away with an erection scene and still got a PG-13 rating, so Mark Waters and crew told them they were being sexist. The MPAA finally let them keep the line.
8. Paramount didn’t want Tim Meadows and Amy Poehler in the movie at first.
They were afraid Mean Girls would be perceived as a Saturday Night Live movie.
14. There’s a deleted scene (not actually filmed) of Damian auditioning for American Idol after high school.
Daniel Franzese told Cosmopolitan, “Simon Cowell was going to call Damian chubby and then he was going to run up on the stage and punch him.”
15. There was almost an entirely different alternate ending to Mean Girls.
Kevin G. was supposed to get busted by Miss Norbury for selling ecstasy, which she confiscates and puts in her desk. After she’s accused of selling drugs according the burn book, the cops find the ecstasy and she gets in trouble.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," and "Aliens."
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱