I am about to tell you something shocking: Most women grow hair in their armpits. Super gross, right? It takes effort to stay hairless! That being said, if you're a woman who's ever packed an emergency end-of-the-world kit, you might have thought to yourself, "While I'm living in constant peril, I probably will not prioritize keeping my armpits shaved." But that would be a total cop-out, fellow women, because you can shave during an apocalypse, and you should.
These brave female characters are survivors of catastrophe who inspire us all to keep shaving, even against the odds:
1. Ginger Grant, Gilligan's Island (1964-1967)
2. Mary Ann Summers, Gilligan's Island (1964-1967)
3. Nova, Planet of the Apes (1968)
4. Ripley, Alien (1979)
5. Emmeline Lestrange, The Blue Lagoon (1980)
7. Helen, Waterworld (1995)
8. Kate, Lost (2004–2010)
9. Evey, V for Vendetta (2005)
10. Katniss Everdeen, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013)
11. Tris, Divergent (2014)
12. All women, The Walking Dead (2010–present)
Living in constant terror? What could be more comforting than a little reminder of patriarchy?