3. Shoes really DO matter.
You need to replace them more often than you think, and you need special running shoes like Brooks or Mizuno, NOT Nike cross trainers. This will not be great for your budget. (Unless you’re fine with the ugliest ones from Sierra Trading Post, which some of us TOTALLY ARE.)
18. Sometimes you’ll get bloody socks when you run.
Blisters! It happens.
19. You’re obsessed with your Garmin — and might even like it more than your smartphone.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- Tom Perez has been named chair of the Democratic National Committee. He was Obama's Labor Secretary.
- At a rally in NYC, trans New Yorkers asked for support from the broader LGBT community — something they haven't always gotten.
- Barack Obama took Malia to see a Broadway show and everyone is talking about how refreshed he's looking 😎