Just 23 Things On Amazon New Pet Owners Should Subscribe To
Save yourself the trip to the pet store and get these essentials delivered to your door each month.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A tub of Milk-Bone treats, because Bark Vader isn't doing squat unless you give him a little sumthin' sumthin'. These beef-flavored bites will have him sitting, staying, and rolling over.
2. A 15-ounce pack of Greenies pill pockets. Who knew getting Aroo2-D2 to take his vitamins could be *so* easy? Hide the medicine inside the treats' hollow core and voila! He won't suspect a thing.
3. A tub of Temptations cat treats to curry favor with the very independent *z-snaps* Purrincess Leia. These are crunchy on the outside with a creamy filling on the inside. I'm not a cat, but that sounds yummy!
4. A box of eight extra thick poop bags, because I can't imagine a worse nightmare than picking up Jabba the Mutt's smelly byproducts with a torn bag. Eeek! If you're particularly sensitive to bad smells, you can get the lavender-scented one.
5. A bag of clumping cat litter, so you never run out at the worst time. You don't want Uncle Meowen to have nothing to bury his smell bombs under, do you? Plus, this one clumps up around your kitty's byproducts, keeping the litter from smelling for longer.
6. A box of 24 Purina Fancy Feast cat food, because you'll quickly find that your kitty cats prefer the wet stuff more than the dry stuff. Give 'em what they want! (P.S. it's chicken and gravy flavored.)
7. A pack of 100 Glad training pads for puppers who don't *quite* know how to tell you when they need to go potty. These pads are amazing because they turn liquid to gel, so no more leaking!
8. A three-pack of Febreze odor eliminator. Just because you're an animal lover living with your quadruped friends doesn't mean your house has to smell like the zoo.
9. A pack of 28 Pedigree Dentastix so General Mutti can have a bright smile. This'll keep his breath nice for you when he pounces to give you kisses.
10. A bone toy that can withstand even the most powerful chompers of the most aggressive chewers. Plus, it's bacon-flavored, and who doesn't want to munch on that?!
11. A fish-shaped cat toy to entertain Empurrror Palpawtine for hours while you sit on the couch and relax, sipping red wine. This one has catnip inside, just in case your cat is the picky type who likes to ignore new toys.
12. A paw moisturizing stick, because if *you* hate having dry, chapped hands, best believe that Bark Sidius hates it, too. On top of that, it'll also soothe cuts and paw allergies. Amazing!
13. A 12-pack of Blue dog food, so you don't have to keep going to the damn pet store to restock your pantry. You can serve these meals by themselves or mix them in with dry food. Whatever floats your dog's boat!
14. A pack of three cat scratchers, because let's be honest, you'll need a lifetime supply of those if you want Baby Meowda to scratch *the right* thing and not your carpet, furniture, or curtains.
15. A pack of lavender-scented compostable wipes for when Pawdme Amidala leaves a little sumthin' sumthin' for you to clean up after potty number two. These tails don't wipe themselves, people!
16. A Chuckit indoor plush ball, especially if Rawr Rawr Binks' favorite game is fetch. The material on this one will absorb slobber, so that's a huge plus. (No slimy hands here!)
17. An Arm & Hammer cat litter deodorizer, because sometimes the litter box can still smell icky no matter how often you take out the stink bombs. Save yourself the trip to the dumpster and get this. Your nose will thank you.
18. A topical flee prevention treatment. Just because you wanted to adopt the Meowdolorian doesn't mean you wanted to adopt the creepy crawlies that might hop on with him. It's fragrance free AND waterproof for 24 hours.
19. A bath brush that'll turn bath time from a bore and a hassle to ~spa day~. But hold on a minute! If bath time's still a while a way, you can use this as a de-shedding tool. Talk about multi-functional!
20. A Burt's Bees all-natural and tearless shampoo that's gentle on Boba Fetch's eyes, making bath time a lot less scary. This also has conditioner, so your pupper's coat will be shiny and ~soft~. Now THAT makes for GREAT cuddles.
21. A pack of catnip, because you're not the only one who likes to get lit on a Saturday afternoon. Grab a glass of wine, so you and Pawss Khaa can par-tay ~together~.
22. A box of multi-surface Swiffer mopping pads. Let's be honest, once you have a pet in the house, you'll be doing a lot (and I mean A LOT) of cleaning. These pads are wet, so they'll trap fur, rather than just swishing it around.
23. A 6-pound bag of Blue dry dog food for Wilwoof Tarkin. Sure, dogs prefer wet food (it's a universal *fact*), but it's good to have a ~balance~. Plus, wet food is usually more expensive, so this will give your wallet a break.
You after realizing you don't need a trip to the store to get stuff for your pets.
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.