The top 8 most-documented pregnancies (or alleged pregnancies), measured by mentions in cover lines on major tabloids.
1. Kate Middleton: 13 Covers
You weren’t imagining it: The Duchess of Cambridge was the subject of the most pregnancy hysteria this year, with 13 mentions on the covers of major tabloids. The publications were calling for “A Baby for Christmas” in November and announcing the impending arrival of twins since September.
2. Jessica Simpson: 9 Covers
As US Weekly notes, “OMG! She’s Pregnant Again,” so Simpson is likely to be a major contender for next year’s list as well.
4. Jennifer Aniston: 8 Covers
Her number is strikingly high for someone who has never actually confirmed a pregnancy. But her supposed baby fever has long been part of the tabloids’ narrative about her. “After years of disappointment,” reads one cover line, “Jen and fiance Justin are expecting a baby girl next May.”
5. Kim Kardashian: 5 Covers
6. Giuliana Rancic: 4 Covers
Her baby was born by surrogate earlier this year. Cue the calls of “We Want More Babies.”
8. Khloe Kardashian: 3 Covers
“I’ll Raise This Baby Alone” proclaimed one cover, despite the fact that Khloe Kardashian has never confirmed a pregnancy.
Thanks to Jezebel’s Midweek Madness, the most complete archive of tabloid covers we know of, and an invaluable aid in our count.
All design by John Gara.
- The Women's March on Washington was one of the largest protests in the city's history.
- Trump's spokesman held a press conference to blame grass coverings for "minimizing" the crowd at the inauguration 🤔
- Members of the national security community reacted with shock after Trump attacked his critics while giving a speech at CIA headquarters.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.