The theme was “enlightenment.”
2. A performance by Sir Ian McKellen
3. A man in a flaming skirt
That’s Austrian dancer Ziya Azazi.
4. A midair race
6. The Queen
She looks unamused.
7. Oscar Pistorius carrying the South African flag
8. Stephen Hawking as emcee
9. Kate Middleton and Prince William
They looked lovey-dovey. She wore a coat she’s worn before.
10. A giant sculpture
That’s a giant version of Marc Quinn’s “Alison Lapper Pregnant.” Lapper is a British artist who was born without arms.
11. And lots and lots of fireworks
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.
- People are backing one of the Women's March organizers after conservative blogs claimed she has deep ties to terrorism.
- "The Great Liberation Of France" is a private chat room that Trump Supporters are using to manipulate French voters 💬👀