The theme was “enlightenment.”
2. A performance by Sir Ian McKellen
3. A man in a flaming skirt
That’s Austrian dancer Ziya Azazi.
4. A midair race
6. The Queen
She looks unamused.
7. Oscar Pistorius carrying the South African flag
8. Stephen Hawking as emcee
9. Kate Middleton and Prince William
They looked lovey-dovey. She wore a coat she’s worn before.
10. A giant sculpture
That’s a giant version of Marc Quinn’s “Alison Lapper Pregnant.” Lapper is a British artist who was born without arms.
11. And lots and lots of fireworks
- Several people were stabbed during a white nationalist protest in Sacramento.
- Thousands flooded New York City's streets to celebrate Pride on Sunday. It was a colorful party of love and acceptance.
- Brexit fallout turns into political chaos in Britain: More than 10 opposition party members resigned in an effort to force Jeremy Corbyn to quit.