People Are Sharing Movies They Loved As Kids But Now Find "Cringeworthy," And — In A Word — Yikes
Because "nostalgia" can really only help so much.
Listen, we all have that one movie we loved as a kid. The one that we forced our parents and siblings to watch countless times, swearing up and down it was the best movie ever made...only to grow up, rewatch it as an adult, and say, "Oh. Oh no."
Well, this week redditor u/I-am-Deathlock asked, "What's a movie you loved as a child that you now consider to be cringeworthy?" and WHEW, people came through with some A+ answers!
So — with all of that in mind — here are just a few old faves that have since become embarrassing memories:
1. The Adventures Of Sharkboy And Lavagirl in 3-D (2005)
2. The Indian in the Cupboard (1995)
3. Mars Needs Moms (2011)
4. Catwoman (2004)
5. Mannequin (1987)
6. Blank Check (1994)
7. Garfield: The Movie (2004)
8. The Master of Disguise (2002)
9. The Cat In The Hat (2003)
10. Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over (2003)
11. The Phantom (1996)
12. The Last Airbender (2010)
13. G-Force (2009)
14. Alvin and the Chipmunks (2007)
15. Mortal Kombat: Annihilation (1997)
16. Kangaroo Jack (2003)
17. Agent Cody Banks (2003)
18. Good Burger (1997)
19. Sleepover (2004)
20. Wild Wild West (1999)
21. And finally — the Percy Jackson franchise
Now it's your turn! What's a movie that you loved when you were younger but now...well, it just doesn't hold up? Share your pick(s) in the comments below!
Some responses were edited for length and/or clarity. H/T Reddit.