1. Kristen Stewart’s showing off her serious side in some challenging films this year — and Camp X-Ray’s the heaviest of them all.
2. Back in January, Stewart impressed Sundance with her performance as a new Guantanamo Bay guard who develops a complicated relationship with one of the detainees (Payman Maadi). Here is the first trailer below.
3. Will Stewart make the transition from Bella Swan to awards contender?
There’s no faulting her ambition — the Twilight lead turned reluctant movie star also turned her image on its head playing a celebrity’s personal assistant in the French film Sils Maria, which premiered at Cannes and comes out in December. And she’s even got another major role coming up alongside Julianne Moore in Alzheimer’s drama Still Alice, which will premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival next month.
4. Camp X-Ray opens in theaters Oct. 17.
- Donald Trump claims Google's search engine was biased in burying bad news about his rival Hillary Clinton.
- A teenager was taken into custody Wednesday after he shot two students and one teacher at an elementary school in South Carolina.
- "Hamilton" pulled back the curtain on race and Broadway, but these actors show how far theater still has to go 🎭