1. Kristen Stewart’s showing off her serious side in some challenging films this year — and Camp X-Ray’s the heaviest of them all.
2. Back in January, Stewart impressed Sundance with her performance as a new Guantanamo Bay guard who develops a complicated relationship with one of the detainees (Payman Maadi). Here is the first trailer below.
3. Will Stewart make the transition from Bella Swan to awards contender?
There’s no faulting her ambition — the Twilight lead turned reluctant movie star also turned her image on its head playing a celebrity’s personal assistant in the French film Sils Maria, which premiered at Cannes and comes out in December. And she’s even got another major role coming up alongside Julianne Moore in Alzheimer’s drama Still Alice, which will premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival next month.
4. Camp X-Ray opens in theaters Oct. 17.
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have now clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘