5. Talk about a self-fulfilling stereotype.
I wasn’t angry until you chalked up my normal, universal emotional response to a stimulus to an inherent inability to control myself and my reactions. Odd how that works.
Also, why are the Latin names of plants italicized?
9. “Impassioned” and “passionate” are also coded words used to describe us.
Because other women… don’t have passion? They don’t get upset or emotive? And, more often than not, it’s a “polite” way of dismissing a valid emotional response.
But don’t get it wrong: We do have passion. But it’s real passion, not a coded attempt to undermine the things that excite and motivate us.
- Nope, President Donald Trump will not release his tax returns after an IRS audit, the White House says, despite pledging to do so.
- Trump has commented on yesterday's massive Women's Marches asking, "why didn't these people vote?"
- Kellyanne Conway says White House press sec. Sean Spicer didn't lie about crowd size at Trump's inauguration. He gave "alternative facts."
- "SNL" paused the laughs for a moment last night to pay tribute to former President Barack Obama.