1. The food isn’t edible.
The convention, which is sponsored by Vogue Knitting magazine, took place in Manhattan from Friday through Sunday. It was held in Chicago in October and will be heading to Seattle in April, and comprises hundreds of classes, vendors, fashion shows and panels. Basically, it’s the entire knitting world squeezed into a Marriot Marquis.
7. Former “America’s Next Top Model” contestants steal the spotlight.
We already knew of the strange and beautiful relationship between knitting magazines and former ANTM stars, but it’s another thing entirely to witness it in the flesh. Either this girl is a total doppelganger of April Wilkner, from Cycle 2, or the tradition lives on.
- "I do like him. I love getting his ideas." Donald Trump says he's asked President Obama for advice on cabinet appointments.
- Passenger plane carrying at least 47 people crashes in Pakistan, was en route to Islamabad. Rescue efforts underway.
- Fake news fools most Americans who read it — and Facebook is a major source, a BuzzFeed News survey has found 📰❌
- An adorable 3-year-old boy proudly covered his kitchen with carrots in the greatest carrot heist of all time 😂👏