1. The food isn’t edible.
The convention, which is sponsored by Vogue Knitting magazine, took place in Manhattan from Friday through Sunday. It was held in Chicago in October and will be heading to Seattle in April, and comprises hundreds of classes, vendors, fashion shows and panels. Basically, it’s the entire knitting world squeezed into a Marriot Marquis.
7. Former “America’s Next Top Model” contestants steal the spotlight.
We already knew of the strange and beautiful relationship between knitting magazines and former ANTM stars, but it’s another thing entirely to witness it in the flesh. Either this girl is a total doppelganger of April Wilkner, from Cycle 2, or the tradition lives on.
- Republican members of Congress face angry town halls flooded with voters opposing the repeal of Obamacare and other parts of the Trump agenda.
- Education Secretary Betsy DeVos defended the Trump administration rescinding transgender protections, despite reports she opposed the effort.
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.