With ANTM still on the air (it’s now up to Cycle 19 and “All-Star” seasons), you have to wonder why they haven’t just swapped out the sponsor magazine with one of the knitting titles that really knows these girls’ worth.
2. Cycle 11 winner McKey Sullivan covered “Vogue Knitting”* in Fall ‘09.
*Which is a thing and has nothing to do with Anna Wintour’s Vogue.
6. Bre Scullark spent most of Cycle 5 being unreasonably mean to the other contestants, before participating in a back-to-school shoot for “Knit.1” in Fall ‘07.
The best Bre moment was when she thought Nicole had stolen her granola bar and poured all of Nicole’s energy drinks down the sink in retaliation. No amount of innocent cozy sweater- or mittens-wearing could make me forget that.
8. Remember how everyone judged Lisa Jackson in Cycle 9 for being an exotic dancer? She went on to appear in a Fall ‘08 spread for “Vogue Knitting.”
Pretty much the opposite of exotic dancing. Click here for patterns.
9. Cycle 7’s Eugena Washington modeled this cozy grey sweater for “Vogue Knitting” in Fall ‘10.
10. Teyona Anderson, who won Cycle 12, appeared in this debatable spread for (you guessed it) “Vogue Knitting,” back in Spring/Summer 2010.
12. Caridee English won Cycle 7 and then went on to wear a Flashdance-y sweater for “Knit.1” in Winter ‘07.
Thanks to ANTM 411 for keeping such great tabs on what the contestants are up to now.
We've got your WKND covered.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Four people working for VICE News who were detained by Turkish authorities on Thursday while covering political clashes with police are set to face terrorism charges. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›