Cinco de Mayo actually celebrates an unlikely victory by Mexican soldiers from the town of Puebla over a powerful French army…not Mexico’s independence.
Haha, but you don’t care about that, you want to drink! That’s totally cool, go for it. But this is how to pull it off without being insensitive/unintentionally/intentionally racist while still getting to enjoy some great Mexican food and drinks.
1. DO get yourself a bomb-ass margarita…or seven.
2. DON’T wear a sombrero at any point during the consumption of the margaritas.
3. DO take the opportunity to inhale a possibly unsafe amount of delicious Mexican food.
4. DON’T wear a serape.
7. DON’T Photoshop sombreros on yourself or call anything “El Bruncho.”
8. While we’re at it, DON’T bring/purchase/or shake maracas. Trust us on this one.
12. DO get a bucket of beers, with your bad self.
13. DON’T throw it back and call it “Cinco de Drinko”:
Now that we mention it, just like with “El Bruncho”: No, an English word does not suddenly become a Spanish word if you add an “o” at the end. Just a good rule of thumb.
16. Whatever you do, DON’T scream “iArriba! iArriba!” or “iAYAYAYAYAY!” like Speedy Gonzales. JUST DON’T.
- "It was a wick": Artists, friends, and survivors describe what it was like inside the Oakland warehouse party fire that left at least 9 dead.
- After deciding to end her request for a statewide recount in Pennsylvania, Jill Stein announced she plans to take the issue to federal court Monday.
- Thousands holding flags gathered in Cuba Saturday night to remember the life of Fidel Castro. His burial took place on Sunday.
- "Saturday Night Live" spoofed Donald Trump retweeting weird people, just like the real president-elect 📱😂