2. Dinner in the Sky (various locations)
Theme: Regular dining, except higher up. Dinner in the Sky is a Belgian based service that utilizes a crane to lift its diners 150 feet into the sky.
Cuisine: Varies depending on the chef. Dinners have been hosted in 17 nations.
3. Robot Restaurant (Tokyo, Japan)
Theme: Neon-hued chaos.
Cuisine: Traditional Japanese fare. Also strobe lights and scantily clad performers. And robots. Lots of robots.
Location: 1 Chome-７−１Kabukicho, Shinjuku, Tokyo
4. The long since abandonded Red Sea Star Underwater Restaurant and Strip Club (Eilat, Israel)
Theme: The sea. The restaurant itself is submerged 16 feet below the Red Sea.
Cuisine: Their website vaguely advertises a “wide variety of exotic dishes in a magical atmosphere of beauty and peace.” Of course, the restaurant served nothing currently, as it stands empty and eerie.
5. The Trailer Park Lounge (Manhattan, New York)
Americana Charming white trash stereotypes.
Cuisine: Burgers and the like. Also awesome margaritas.
Location: 271 W 23rd St (between 7th Ave & 8th Ave), New York, NY 10011
6. Hospitalis (Riga, Latvia)
Theme: Hospitals. Waitresses put you in a strait jacket and feed you. How sweet.
Cuisine: Traditional Latvian fare.
(Unfortunately, the restaurant closed after slow business. Can’t imagine why…)
7. The Lockup (Tokyo, Taiwan)
Theme: Serving hard time, but with better food.
Cuisine: Japanese food and drinks served in vials.
Location: 33-1 Udagawacho | B2, Shibuya, Tokyo Prefecture 150-0042, Japan
9. The Airplane Restaurant (Colorado Springs, CO)
Theme: Aviation. The restaurant rests inside a converted Boeing KC-97.
Cuisine: Burgers, soup, and sandwiches—and probably better food than what you get on an actual flight.
Location: 1665 N. Newport RD, Colorado Springs, CO 80916
10. The Ninja Restaurant (Manhattan, New York)
Theme: Ninjas! Food is served by wait staff in ninja garb, who periodically jump out of nooks and crannies to scare you. Apparenly ninjas love pranks.
Cuisine: Traditional Japanese food and sushi.
Location: 25 Hudson St, Manhattan, NY 10013
11. The H. R. Giger Bar (Gruyères, Switzerland)
Theme: The bar is attached to the H. R. Giger Museum, devoted to the Swiss surrealist painter, sculptor, and set designer famous for his work on Alien.
Cuisine: As it’s a bar, the cuisine is alcohol. The interior is definitely a visual feast, however.
Location: Comercialstrasse 23, 7000 Chur, Switzerland
12. Heart Attack Grill (Las Vegas, NV)
Theme: Obesity and heart disease. Larger patrons eat free and those who don’t finish their meals are spanked by waitresses dressed as nurses.
Cuisine: Fatty burgers. And if you don’t finish, humiliation.
Location: 450 Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101
13. Buns and Guns (Beirut, Lebanon)
Theme: War. Guns. Sandwiches. The restaurant is decorated with militaristic motifs and plays prerecorded gun sounds.
Cuisine: Sandwiches, with named like Tyfoon, Torpedo, and Viper.
14. Japanese Cat Cafes
Theme: Pure unbridled happiness. For about 10 bucks an hour, you can lounge around and play with cats. Heavenly.
Cuisine: Tea, beer, and small snacks, depending on location. Cat cafes are popular across Japan and each one is different.
15. The Disaster Cafe (Lloret de Mar, Spain)
Theme: DESTRUCTION. The entire restaurant shakes with the force of a simulated earthquake. Patrons are not warned beforehand.
16. Opaque (Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Francisco)
Theme: Darkness. Patrons are led into a pitch black dining room and served food they can’t see.
Cuisine: High end prix fixe menus consisting of pasta and meat dishes. At least that’s what they tell you.
- Top Democrats are demanding House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes remove himself from the investigation into Russian interference in the election.
- President Trump will sign an executive order on Tuesday stopping the EPA's plan to limit power plants burning coal.
- Over 18,000 households in Flint, Michigan, will receive new water lines, more than two years after dangerous levels of lead were found in the city's water supply.
- Samsung announced plans to refurbish and sell some of the 4.3 million explosive Galaxy Note7 phones it recalled last year📱🔥