This is Mark Duffy, a staff writer at BuzzFeed. Most readers will know him by his pen name, Copyranter. His posts take many forms and cover a wide variety of topics, but most come back to advertising (the good, the bad, and the ugly).
Of late, he’s been posting galleries of “ironic” images. And rather prolifically at that. The BuzzFeed search bar yields at least 12 such posts, all composed since May.
The effect is hilarious, if polarizing. Some readers, like the one below, love these posts.
1. Some of them, however, do not…
2. Some commenters reach for the dictionary…
6. And yet other critics trace the problem back to cultural differences.
7. Prescribing remedial fixes is one of the more common approaches.
8. And it’s not uncommon to see commenters traffic the same point from one post to the next.
10. On occasion, Copyranter will address his critics directly.
Source: 10 More Photos Awash In Irony