1. So, KeKe Palmer is just awesome.
She seriously does it all.
2. She’s a natural in front of the camera.
She begin acting when she was a kid, starring in a stage production of The Lion King at age 9. Since then, she’s appeared in movies with stars like Queen Latifah, Samuel L. Jackson, and Angela Basset, and had her own show on Nickelodeon.
3. And behind a microphone.
Palmer has released three mixtapes to date and has one studio album under her belt.
4. And at age 20, she became the youngest person ever to have her own television talk show.
5. As if all that wasn’t enough, Palmer can now add being Broadway’s first black Cinderella to her resume.
“It’s honestly one of those things that I can’t believe is really happening,” she told the Associated Press. This marks Palmer’s debut on the professional stage. “Theater offers so much more that I haven’t been able to access doing film and TV and everything like that,” she said of the transition from recorded to live performance.
Palmer said one of her role models growing up was Brandy Norwood, who played Cinderella in the 1997 TV adaptation with Whitney Houston as the Fairy Godmother.
“I feel like the reason I’m able to do this is definitely because Brandy did it on TV,” Palmer said. “In me doing this, it shows everybody that everything is possible.”
Producer Robyn Goodman thinks Palmer will be “lovely” in the classic role. “She acts beautifully, she dances, she sings — she’s an amazing young woman.”
6. Palmer took to Twitter to share her excitement.
Her debut in Cinderella is Sept. 9.