“Fancy” rapper Iggy Azalea has one of the most talked-about lady butts on the internet. “People dedicate a lot of love to my butt,” she said in April at the New York offices of her label, Def Jam. But every big blessing has its curse. Below, the 23-year-old Aussie details some of the trials and tribulations of being a woman with a big booty.
1. “Walking down the aisle of a fucking bus.”
“My hips are wide, so the whole time it’s—” Iggy said while motioning an awkward sideways turn. “I don’t like buses at all.”
2. You understand the “pool dilemma.”
“You have to have a sash,” Iggy stressed. “I can’t go to the pool without one. I gotta wrap my swimmers up really quick. If you’re a girl with a big butt, you go to the pool with a wrap.”
3. Wearing itty-bitty booty shorts is tricky.
“Big butts come with cellulite,” Iggy said.
4. And you can never wear full-bottom briefs.
“Only G-strings exist in my life because it’s just, like, [aggressive hand-cupping motion] I don’t think I’ve ever owned full-bottom briefs. They just don’t work.”
5. You can’t find a flattering pair of white pants.
“They’re so unforgiving,” Iggy explained. “White pants are not your friend.”
6. You have to stock up on Spanx.
“I’ve forgotten [to wear Spanx] today…which is why I’m having a problem with white pants,” she confessed.
7. And worst of all, people stare at you, but don’t compliment you to your face.
Iggy says her backside gets a lot of anonymous compliments online, but blank stares in public. “People don’t tend to say anything to your face,” she said.