1. Recent studies show sex can grow more brain cells, actually making you smarter.
Research conducted at the University of Maryland concluded middle-aged rats had improved cognitive functions after having sex. A research group from Konkuk University in Seoul also found that sex can combat stress.
2. It’s an excellent workout.
All your important muscles — buns, core, arms, legs — are being put to work WHILE YOU’RE HAVING A GREAT TIME.
3. In fact, you can burn about 100 calories per average sex sesh*.
*Obviously, sexytime varies from pair to pair, but the average time clocks in at 25 minutes. In that time, studies show women can burn about 69 calories and men about 100 calories.
4. Humping literally makes you a happier person.
Yup, not only is it physically pleasurable, but it also chemically improves your mood. Sex has been found to reduce stress and bring us to a calmer state. I mean, just ask Beyoncé’s latest album.
5. Doing it regularly improves your immune system.
Having sex once or twice a week relaxes your body and stimulates your immune system, says the University of Pennsylvania.
6. And afterward, you will have the best sleep of your life.
7. “Orgasm can block pain,” says a professor at Rutgers University.
Barry R. Komisaruk, Ph.D., claims a hormone is released that improves your threshold for physical aches and pain. And even if you don’t finish, stimulation itself can alleviate back, leg, and arthritic pain, and sometimes headaches.
8. It can help ward off prostate cancer for guys.
Apparently, men who ejaculate frequently (roughly 21 times a month) are less likely to develop prostate cancer.
9. And improve heart health for ladies.
Heart disease is unfortunately the number one killer among women. Sex raises heart rate and blood circulation, and research found that having sex at least once or twice a week “reduces fatal heart attack by half.”
10. It will make your skin ~*glow*~
Better blood circulation pumps oxygen to your skin, making it appear brighter.
Just look at Trey Songz. He is always radiating.
11. Post-coital foods, like cheese and chocolate, just taste better.
No science here: It just does.
13. Do it now so you can do it later.
For the fellas: Regular sex may prevent erectile dysfunction in old age.
14. You can advance to expert levels the better you get at it.
Consequently becoming more fit and flexible.
15. Sex enhances your sense of smell.
Prolactin, a hormone in your brain’s olfactory bulb that manages smells, doubles after sex. So…f*ck more, and smell more!
16. Sex between loving couples creates a hormonal urge to bond and cuddle. And who doesn’t love a little cuddlin’?
Couples in healthy sexual relationships tend to have the highest amount of oxytocin, a hormone that triggers the urge for intimacy (in the forms of cuddling and hand-holding).
17. Two magical words: LIGHTER PERIODS (and fewer cramps!).
18. It’s also a cure for hangovers.
The steamier, the better, according to one study.
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.