2. Those who drink moderate amounts of alcohol, including red wine, seem to have a lower risk of heart disease.
The MAYO CLINIC says so and that’s good enough for me.
3. You can’t make cool wine bottle lights without empty bottles.
You can figure out how to make the bottles empty. Instructions here.
4. Kalimotxos are delicious.
It’s red wine and Coca-Cola, and before you knock it, try one! Trust me.
5. The term “one glass” is always relative.
($17.99 from HomeWetBar.)
6. Because wine bottles come with such pretty labels.
Which, let’s be honest, is half the reason you bought the bottle in the first place.
7. Wine keeps your memory sharp.
Well, maybe not in the short term (i.e., after four glasses). But a Columbia University study found that brain function declines at a markedly faster rate in nondrinkers than in moderate drinkers.
8. Wine drinkers have a 34% lower mortality rate than beer or spirits drinkers.
It’s SCIENCE. Pass the Riesling!
9. Wine enhances the already lovely flavors of your favorite foods.
(Click here for larger chart.)
10. Drinking wine can contribute to the atmosphere of any book club.
You’re ONLY drinking to have something to do in between discussing chapters, right?
12. Because sometimes adults need sippy cups too.
VINO2GO cup, $10.49 at Perpetual Kid.
14. Wine is super portable.
15. The polyphenols in red wine can help prevent gum disease.
I am interested in keeping my gums around. Cheers!
16. You can make a chair out of wine corks!
It’s urgent that you drink wine so you can fulfill your basic human needs like STRUCTURE and FURNITURE.
17. You can fake wine knowledge pretty easily.
Here’s a starter guide. Say “oaky” a lot.
18. Cabernet sauvignon, petit syrah, and pinot noir have the most flavonoids.
Those are the good antioxidants that have been shown to inhibit tumor development in certain cancers. Better drink up.
19. Because you can’t fill this with beer cans, now can you?
20. Champagne contains about 10 fewer calories per serving than non-sparkling wine and typically comes in a smaller serving size, making it a healthier choice.
So basically, champagne = a kale salad.
21. You can even consume wine in ICE CREAM FORM.
That’s ice cream containing 5% alcohol. Don’t mind if I do!
22. Because you don’t even have to leave the house to get the full effect.
(You need this shirt.)
23. Drinking wine can reduce the risk of depression.
A study in the BMC Medical journal found that two to seven glasses of wine a week may reduce depression.