1. You’ve graduated! You’re moving to London! This is the beginning of the rest of your life!
6. A ten minute browse teaches you that you’re going to need to quadruple your budget.
8. But that’s OK. You don’t need luxury. You just need somewhere to live.
10. Somehow he convinces you that Essex is the new East London. So you hop on the tube to your first viewing.
11. Two hours later, you’re so lost you could cry. But then a shady figure emerges from the shadows. This is your estate agent.
Shutterstock / ollyy
12. “Follow me,” he hisses as he lures you up 45 flights of stairs and kicks down the door of the flat you’re about to view.
19. “Oh no,” the estate agent laughs. “This is your new home. Spacious, isn’t it?”
21. But apparently four other people are already interested. You’re going to have to make an offer.
23. “It’s fine,” you tell yourself. “Once the paperwork’s sorted, I’ll be able to move in.”
24. Unfortunately, the only person shadier than your estate agent is your landlord.
25. Your landlord who has definitely fixed the structural problems you discussed over the phone.
28. Still, you’ve made a commitment. You’ve found a guarantor. It’s time to move.
29. And although your flat is gross, you vow NEVER to move again.
Tabatha Leggett is a senior writer for BuzzFeed and is based in London.