4. He’s not perfect though - he messed up his A level Maths exam.
5. But managed to get a first class degree in Physics from Manchester University anyway.
8. The reason he messed up his A levels? He was focussing on his music career. As a keyboard player in rock group Dare.
9. And that wasn’t his only foray into the world of music. Remember D:Ream?
10. They had a hit with that song with the really, er, imaginative lyrics. How does it go again?
13. And a part-time charity worker.
In April, he joined Chris Evans, James May and Gary Barlow on a charity road trip from Land’s End to John O’Groats.
14. They drove in this car.
15. And raised £1 million for Breast Cancer Care.
16. Look at the Barlow-Cox bromance!
19. And he always tweets his mind.
If I ever have the misfortune to meet the fish head who commissioned this shit on Ch5 about the moon landings, I WILL punch them
21. He wore this teeny, tiny lifejacket on television. And made it look cool.
22. He makes up 1/3 of the best selfie ever taken.
That’s Russell Brand and Sacha Baron Cohen and Brian Cox on the left.
26. Everything he says makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.
27. He’s a British Humanist Association big dog.
At their 2010 Voltaire Lecture he spoke on ‘The value of Big Science: CERN, the LHC and the exploration of the Universe.’