1. Casablanca (1942)
Because, kid, you need to learn about love and sacrifice.
2. Terms of Endearment (1983)
Because you won’t always know how to show your feelings.
3. From Here to Eternity (1953)
Because you’ll need to learn how to really kiss someone.
4. Ghost (1990)
Because sometimes you can’t grow old with the one you love.
5. An Affair to Remember (1957)
Because six months is a long time, but forever is even longer.
6. Pretty Woman (1990)
Because love knows no occupation.
7. Some Like it Hot (1959)
Because you’ll do anything for the person of your dreams, which includes cross-dressing.
8. Wall-E (2008)
Because you’ll go to the ends of the earth (or galaxy) for the one you love.
9. Jules and Jim (1962)
Because you’ll have friends, and you’ll have lovers. Sometimes it’ll be hard to distinguish between the two.
10. Gone with the Wind (1939)
Because if you hide your feelings for too long, it might be too late.
11. His Girl Friday (1940)
Because you’re going to get stuck in at least one love triangle.
12. Brokeback Mountain (2005)
Because you can’t always choose your soulmate.
13. Sabrina (1954)
Because all’s fair in [brotherly] love and war.
14. Annie Hall (1977)
Because if Woody Allen can find romance, so can you.
15. City Lights (1931)
Because love is not determined by money.
16. Bonnie and Clyde (1967)
Because there are consequences to everything.
17. For Love of Ivy (1968)
Because still waters run deep.
18. Sleepless in Seattle (1993)
Because blind dates occasionally work out.
19. It Happened One Night (1934)
Because you’ll need to be a good judge of character.
20. West Side Story (1961)
Because you’ll fight for the one you love.
21. The Lady Eve (1941)
Because temptation is everywhere.
22. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
Because you shouldn’t forget your first love.
23. The Apartment (1960)
Because you should abandon your bachelor lifestyle sooner rather than later.
24. Breakfast at Tiffany’s (1961)
Because sometimes you need a reminder that no one will feel lost or lonely forever.
25. Roman Holiday (1953)
Because love is life’s most difficult adventure.
26. Love Story (1970)
Because you might fall for your best friend.
27. The Philadelphia Story (1940)
Because you’ll need a guide to finding a relationship… and inadvertently yourself, too.
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›
- Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›