1. You drink entirely too much red wine because its “cheaper than water.”
2. You’ve watched Jules et Jim and/or 400 Coups in its entirety on youtube.
Sans subtitles, of course.
3. You’re over cupcakes, and have been ever since you tasted a macaron.
5. You still regularly reference the French Revolution when discussing politics.
7. You pronounce “Le Pain Quotidien” the RIGHT way and your friends are really fucking annoyed every time.
8. Verb conjugations get stuck in your head instead of Miley Cyrus songs
9. You give unsolicited advice to French tourists you overhear on the subway just so you can break out your best Fraccent
LE TIMES SQUARE EST THAT WAY YOU’RE WELCOME.
10. You knew Vincent Cassel way before he finger banged Natalie Portman on Black Swan.
Cassel starred as Vinz in 1995’s La Haine.
12. Netflix suggests “Mind Bending, Depressing, Existential Foreign Films” to you on a nightly basis.
13. Biking is best in high heels and dress.
And with this hat, and basket, and messenger bag. We should probably all just become this woman.
15. Les Miserables was a book first, then a musical, THEN a movie.
And don’t even think of mentioning Russell Crowe.
17. July 4th is significant because it means only 10 more days until Bastille Day!
20. You pretend that eyesore cell phone tower was left over from the 1889 World’s Fair.
Vive La France!
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- Speaking of climate change, can you pass this basic quiz about it? ›