1. You drink entirely too much red wine because its “cheaper than water.”
2. You’ve watched Jules et Jim and/or 400 Coups in its entirety on youtube.
Sans subtitles, of course.
3. You’re over cupcakes, and have been ever since you tasted a macaron.
5. You still regularly reference the French Revolution when discussing politics.
7. You pronounce “Le Pain Quotidien” the RIGHT way and your friends are really fucking annoyed every time.
8. Verb conjugations get stuck in your head instead of Miley Cyrus songs
9. You give unsolicited advice to French tourists you overhear on the subway just so you can break out your best Fraccent
LE TIMES SQUARE EST THAT WAY YOU’RE WELCOME.
10. You knew Vincent Cassel way before he finger banged Natalie Portman on Black Swan.
Cassel starred as Vinz in 1995’s La Haine.
12. Netflix suggests “Mind Bending, Depressing, Existential Foreign Films” to you on a nightly basis.
13. Biking is best in high heels and dress.
And with this hat, and basket, and messenger bag. We should probably all just become this woman.
15. Les Miserables was a book first, then a musical, THEN a movie.
And don’t even think of mentioning Russell Crowe.
17. July 4th is significant because it means only 10 more days until Bastille Day!
20. You pretend that eyesore cell phone tower was left over from the 1889 World’s Fair.
Vive La France!
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.
- The Boy Scouts of America has ended its ban on gay leaders, two years after lifting a ban on gay youth members.
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- The Arizona Cardinals have hired the NFL's first female coach.