1. You drink entirely too much red wine because its “cheaper than water.”
2. You’ve watched Jules et Jim and/or 400 Coups in its entirety on youtube.
Sans subtitles, of course.
3. You’re over cupcakes, and have been ever since you tasted a macaron.
5. You still regularly reference the French Revolution when discussing politics.
7. You pronounce “Le Pain Quotidien” the RIGHT way and your friends are really fucking annoyed every time.
8. Verb conjugations get stuck in your head instead of Miley Cyrus songs
9. You give unsolicited advice to French tourists you overhear on the subway just so you can break out your best Fraccent
LE TIMES SQUARE EST THAT WAY YOU’RE WELCOME.
10. You knew Vincent Cassel way before he finger banged Natalie Portman on Black Swan.
Cassel starred as Vinz in 1995’s La Haine.
12. Netflix suggests “Mind Bending, Depressing, Existential Foreign Films” to you on a nightly basis.
13. Biking is best in high heels and dress.
And with this hat, and basket, and messenger bag. We should probably all just become this woman.
15. Les Miserables was a book first, then a musical, THEN a movie.
And don’t even think of mentioning Russell Crowe.
17. July 4th is significant because it means only 10 more days until Bastille Day!
20. You pretend that eyesore cell phone tower was left over from the 1889 World’s Fair.
Vive La France!
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›
- Walter Scott's family has reached a $6.5 million settlement with North Charleston, S.C., where the unarmed black man was fatally shot by an officer in April. ›