Ladies: Anne Hathaway is a feminist and she has amazing teeth. Let's save our bad attitudes for the ones who aren't advancing the cause.
1. Because Anne is the embodiment of every struggling twentysomething in The Devil Wears Prada.
2. Yeah, she can be a perky theater kid sometimes. IT’S CALLED ENTHUSIASM, PEOPLE.
3. Anne is also very animal-friendly.
Hathaway converted to veganism after filming The Dark Knight Rises.
4. She was super endearing as a real-life Disney princess.
5. Because she blossomed right before our eyes. Remember when this was a big deal?
Well, she REALLY came into her own.
6. But Anne isn’t all beauty. She’s got brain too.
Hathaway attended the elite liberal arts school Vassar College before transferring and earning her undergraduate degree from NYU.
7. Because she is an Ally.
Anne’s older brother Michael is gay and she is a noted supporter of LGBT causes.
8. Like, she doesn’t just talk the talk. She walks the walk.
When Anne’s older brother came out as gay, she and her entire family switched churches out of support.
9. She was strong enough to let millions of people watch her hair get shaved off.
Seriously, she wasn’t acting. That shit was real.
The end result turned out pretty well.
10. Actually, Anne always looks fantastic, no matter her haircut.
Blonde or brunette, short or long, wavy or straight, GURL OWNS IT.
11. Which makes her serious HATTITUDE all the more puzzling.
But actually, she’s addicted to headwear. We still love her for it.
12. Oh yeah, and in case you forgot, girlfriend has an OSCAR.
And you don’t.
13. Also, J.Law can thank Anne for her Oscar.
Anne was originally cast in the lead role for Silver Linings Playbook but left due to creative differences. Jennifer Lawrence scooped up the part and won an Oscar for her role — the same year as Hathaway. Everyone wins!
14. She’s also incredibly athletic.
15. Lena Dunham has Anne’s back.
16. Anne kicked ASS as Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises.
17. And she got the approval of POTUS.
Barack Obama said Hathaway was the “best thing” in The Dark Knight Rises.
18. Girlfriend always GETS DAT ASS.
Here is but a sample of some of the fine lads she has gotten with on screen: Channing Tatum, Jake Gyllenhaal (TWICE!), Christian Bale, Hugh Dancy, Chris Pine, Adrien Grenier, Topher Grace, and closet DILF Steve Carrell.
19. She also showed us in The Princess Diaries how to stand up to bullies.
LANA GOT CONED.
21. Anne also isn’t afraid of making fun of herself. On national TV.
David Letterman grilled Hathaway in 2008 on his late-night show about her jailed ex-boyfriend Raffaello Follieri. Anne didn’t just answer Dave’s questions but made fun of her predicament. Check out the full interview here.
22. She hosted the Oscars. With James Franco.
And as such, deserves our sympathy.
23. Even Tina and Amy had Anne’s back after that one.
24. She totally was not afraid of working with Julie Andrews.
25. And then she was brave enough to take on Meryl Streep on the big screen.
26. And finally, fame hasn’t gone to Anne’s head. She’s really just as clumsy as the rest of us.
27. Seriously, she’s like the world’s biggest klutz.
Anne actually fell off her chair during her audition for The Princess Diaries. The rest is history.
How can you not love her?
Haters to the left.