1. First of all, she enters Sleeping Beauty like the total boss she is.
2. Initially, when she hears she wasn’t invited to Aurora’s christening, she plays it cool.
3. Yeah, she may be the Mistress of Evil, but she seems nice, right?
4. Wait a second, this is starting to sound like a curse…
5. Yup, she just promised to kill Aurora BECAUSE SHE WASN’T INVITED TO A PARTY.
6. She holds off an entire battalion with a sassy hand gesture.
7. She can get a little cantankerous. But that’s because she’s a badass and everyone else around her really is a fool.
8. If you thought Maleficent was going to waste time on some silly song-and-dance numbers like other Disney villains, think again. Girl has an evil plot to see through!
9. Like any true villain, her eyebrow game is ON POINT.
10. Maleficent also gives the fiercest side-eye, the signature move of villains everywhere.
11. She has the whole “evil smile” thing down pat.
12. Just look at her, cackling away with that perfect malicious grin.
13. And check out her evil throne. All real villains have an evil throne.
14. Also, her castle just looks nefarious. Crumbling floor and collapsing columns? “Whatever,” says Maleficent.
15. She’ll even enchant household objects to be dangerous. She’s like a murderous Martha Stewart.
16. Boy, does Maleficent hold a grudge. Sixteen years later and she’s STILL pissed about not getting invited to that party.
18. Maleficent delivers one of the most epic burns of all time.
The Sparknotes version: “Prince Phillip, you’re going to become a crusty old man before you can see your true love again.”