1. One in every eight American workers has been employed by McDonald’s
2. McDonald’s is Brazil’s largest employer
Also, this is a sandwich you can only buy there call the Chicken, Bacon & Onion.
3. In England you can buy a McDonald’s Bacon Roll.
It is literally just bacon and ketchup on a roll
4. A McDonald’s Corn Muffin has more Calories than a Glazed Doughnut
6. In Japan you can buy the McDonald’s Bacon Potato Pie
Which, again, is literally just a pie stuffed with bacon and potatoes.
7. Antarctica is the only continent on the planet without a McDonald’s
8. In Australia because of a copyright conflict Burger King is called Hungry Jack’s
9. You would need to walk for 9 miles to burn off the calories of a Double Whopper with cheese
10. Chinese Burger King’s started carrying a Black Truffle Angus XT
It had truffles on it and endive instead of lettuce. Shockingly, it only cost $5 American.
11. Burger King made the first ever fast food attack ad in 1981 which starred Sarah Michelle Gellar
12. Wendy’s offered the first ever value menu in 1988
This guy is eating all of it at once…
13. Wendy’s claims it created “the first modern-day, drive-thru window” in 1971
14. Frosties at Wendy’s the Philippines come with coffee-flavored jellies in them
15. Wendy’s has a 1 lb. burger not listed on the menu called the Classic Home Run
May God have mercy on the soul of the person who orders it
16. When KFC first translated the slogan “finger lickin’ good” into Chinese, it came out as “eat your fingers off.”
17. The only complete, handwritten copy of KFC’s 11 herbs and spices is kept in a vault in corporate headquarters
This list comes pretty close though…
18. In some locations you can buy ‘Mashies’ – balls of mashed potato cooked in batter
19. Wendy’s founder Dave Thomas invented the KFC paper chicken bucket when he was a franchisee of several locations in Ohio
The bucket’s original design
20. Chinese KFCs sell a porridge of rice with pork, egg, pickles and mushrooms called “Congee”
22. Taco Bell has failed twice in Mexico, the second time even trying to advertise as “authentic American food”
It doesn’t get much more “authentic American” than a Doritos Taco though…