1. American comedian Rob Delaney announced on Twitter on Thursday evening he was heading to London next week and offered up a hug for anyone who needed one.
2. People were pretty keen on the idea.
5. Although, it was pointed out Londoners don’t really like any form of human contact.
6. But there was one man who clearly needed to feel Delaney’s embrace.
8. Sir Patrick Stewart seemed very happy with what he saw.
9. Delaney and Stewart are making a habit of delighting Twitter with their exchanges. In March, Prime Minister David Cameron tried to look like a serious statesman by posting this picture:
10. And was quickly mocked. Delaney came up with this response:
Richard James is the UK news editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- President Barack Obama will unveil on Monday a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- Undocumented immigrants living in Britain will face abrupt eviction from rental properties under new laws designed to reduce the UK's appeal as a migrant destination.
- California Gov. Jerry Brown called for a state of emergency as wildfires burned thousands of acres by Sunday and forced hundreds of evacuations.