1. Brazil fans have blamed Mick Jagger for their humiliating 7-1 defeat to Germany in the World Cup after branding the Rolling Stones singer a national curse.
Jagger has been nicknamed “pe frio” – literally “cold foot”, a term of bad luck – because every side he’s backed in the tournament has gone on to suffer a defeat.
2. He was spotted in a VIP box at the Mineirao stadium in Belo Horizonte during yesterday’s semi-final, much to the dismay of Brazil fans everywhere.
3. Spectators had tried to persuade Jagger to back Germany, knowing his support could result in their elimination from the World Cup.
6. However, it was obvious who he was supporting after he was pictured surrounded by friends and family in Brazil shirts – although he did try to soften the blow by wearing an England cap.
7. Jagger has an unfortunate history of backing the wrong team in the World Cup.
8. In Lisbon he told fans at a Rolling Stones concert that Portugal would win the entire tournament…
9. They didn’t make it out of the group stages.
10. And in Rome he told fans that Italy would beat Uruguay in their crucial group match and progress… They lost and were eliminated.
11. As a result of the “curse”, fans have been begging Jagger to support their rivals throughout the World Cup.
17. After the 7-1 defeat, Brazilian news network R7 branded Jagger the “biggest jinx in history”, prompting his former partner Luciana Giminez to defend him.
Giminez, who has a teenage son with the Rolling Stones singer, uploaded a message on Instagram after the game describing him as a good friend and father, and asked people to stop abusing him.