2. We’ll start off easy: Mix up a cozy bourbon cider cocktail for everyone.
With ginger beer too! Get the recipe.
3. Needless to say, the turkey should be liberally doused in bourbon before (and during) roasting.
Recipe: Apple-Bourbon Turkey And Gravy
4. The cranberry sauce alone should get you tipsy.
Recipe: Kentucky Bourbon Cranberry Sauce
5. Gravy, being a liquid, is an obvious and highly effective bourbon vehicle.
Recipe: Bourbon Gravy
6. Your pecan stuffing could definitely use a nice, stiff drink.
Recipe: Bourbon-Pecan Stuffing
7. Bourbonize any and all sweet potatoes in sight.
8. Seriously, all the sweet potatoes.
Recipe: Sweet Potato (Bourbon) Kugel
Check out the whole Thanksgivukkah menu too!
9. While you’re at it, throw some of the good stuff on the other sides dishes too.
10. And keep a significant quantity of Bacon-Bourbon Butter on hand for everything else.
(That’s the one on top). Prepare to slather it all over your turkey, your potatoes, your dinner rolls, your body.
11. No self-respecting pecan pie would go out in public without a healthy amount of bourbon in it.
12. Pumpkin pie feels the same way.
14. Cheesecake can play this game, too.
Recipe: Bourbon Pecan Pumpkin Cheesecake
15. And you know what goes great with either? Bourbon ice cream.
Recipe: Bourbon-Butterscotch Ice Cream
16. Really, it’s simple: Put bourbon in ice cream. Put ice cream on everything.
Recipe: Brown Sugar-Bourbon Ice Cream.
17. Same goes for whipped cream.
Just add 1 tablespoon of bourbon to 1 cup of cream and whip away.
18. If you’re finishing out the meal with coffee or tea, you know what to do. (Add bourbon.)
Recipe: Bourbon Chai
19. Bonus Round: Get some bourbon-glazed bacon all up in that leftover turkey sandwich.
Recipe: Triple Threat Turkey Club
We've got your WKND covered.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?