1. Sweet Potato Pecan (& Bourbon) Pie
Before we proceed any further, please note that although some of these recipes refer to the bourbon in them as “optional,” it is not. For best results, please do not hesitate to add 1 Tbsp. bourbon to whatever quantity is called for.
2. Bourbon Pumpkin Cheesecake
You’ll need to track down a 9” springform pan to make this baby (worth it). Get the recipe at Smitten Kitchen.
3. Coconut Bourbon Balls
Excellent for gifting, even better for getting buzzed by yourself in the dark at 3 a.m. Get the recipe at The Kitchn.
4. Spiced Bourbon Apple Pie
For True Americans only. Get the recipe at A Beautiful Mess.
5. Brown Butter & Bourbon Blondies
Easy and very portable in case you need to make a quick escape from the table. Get the recipe at Saving Room For Dessert.
6. Bourbon Baked Apples
In case you’re worried this might be healthy, there’s butter-and-brown sugar oat crumble inside the apples. Crisis averted. Get the recipe at How Sweet It Is.
7. Mini Bourbon Oatmeal Pies
8. Bourbon Marshmallow S’Mores With Bacon
9. Brown Butter Butterscotch Bourbon Pie
It has to mean something that all of the best dessert words start with “B.” Get the recipe at The Kitchn.
10. Chewy Chocolate Bourbon Toffee Cookies
Nuts on top? That’s a choice you’ll have to make for yourself. Get the recipe at The Incuisition.
11. Banana Cream Pie With Salty Bourbon Caramel
If you can pull this thing off, no one in your family will be allowed to say anything mean about you for at least six years. Get the recipe at Bon Appétit.
12. Pecan Bourbon Carrot Cake
Cake is the new pie. Deal with it, Thanksgiving. Get the recipe at Sweet Twist of Blogging.
13. Pecan Pumpkin Butter Rolls With Bourbon Cream Cheese Icing
You should probably make extra icing, just in case. Also probably the greatest thing ever to serve at brunch. Get the recipe at Confections of a Foodie Bride.
14. Bite-Sized Vegan Chocolate Bourbon Pies
Vegans and people with small mouths love bourbon too. Get the recipe at Back to Her Roots.
15. Cherry-Bourbon Pie
This recipe calls for jarred sour cherries in syrup (NOT the same as maraschino, please, FYI), but you could also use thawed frozen cherries. Either way, adding bourbon is a great idea. Get the recipe at Bon Appétit.
16. Pumpkin and Bourbon Mousse
When I die, please bury me in this. Get the recipe at Saveur.
17. Bourbon Peach Hand Pies
Would not advise baking with peaches in November except that these are so goddamn adorable. And come to think of it, drained canned peaches would probably work just fine. Get the recipe at Smitten Kitchen.
18. Bourbon and Caramel Tiramisu
Best thing that will happen to your fancy dessert spoons all year. Get the recipe at Pham Fatale.
19. Apple Bourbon Bundt Cake
Nothing gets the people going like a bundt. Get the recipe at the New York Times.
20. Bourbon Pecan Macarons
If you’re going to tackle macarons, most devilishly difficult of all French confections, you might as well make sure they contain alcohol. Get the recipe at The Sweet Art.
21. Monkey Bread with Bourbon Crème Anglaise
If the concept of making crème anglaise (aka custard sauce) overwhelms you, just whip some cream with bourbon, vanilla, and a little sugar in it. Get the recipe at The Kitchn.
22. Bourbon Street Milkshake
Coffee ice cream + bourbon = the classy, holiday-appropriate Four Loko of milkshakes. Get the recipe at Food + Words.
We've got your WKND covered.
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.
- A pilot has broken the world records for longest solo flight and longest non-stop flight ever taken in a solar-powered airplane ?