1. They look awesome under UV lights.
In case you happen to go to a lot of raves.
3. Unless the white ink doesn’t even show up, and you end up with a scar on your arm.
Something went wrong here.
4. Depending on the design, some things just work much better in white.
This crescent moon would not have the same effect in black.
And this feather wouldn’t look nearly as floaty if it were colored.
6. But unfortunately, they can look bizarre on anyone who isn’t a pale, freckle-free person.
White ink tattoos can look spotty or blemished on anyone with tan, dark, or freckled skin.
7. On one hand, the white lace sleeve effect is practically a fashion accessory.
8. On the other hand, a white tattoo in a “pattern” can make you look diseased.
There actually is a skin condition called dermatographia that produces a similar effect to white ink tattoos.
9. On one hand, you can get an inverse matching tattoo with the one you love.
10. On the other hand, they fade easily and turn into a blurry weird mess.
Not so romantic. Read about a sad white ink tattoo experience here.
11. If you still live with your parents, your mom will never find it.
Or you can just tell her you drew it on yourself with a milky gel pen.
12. But she might be worried/curious when she sees your overly designed mosquito bites.
You can tell her you’re hormonal and that you’ve been getting whiteheads in weird places.
13. On one hand, you don’t have to worry about jeopardizing any future employment opportunities.
15. When they don’t look “raised,” they just give a very subtle effect.
This tattoo looks awesome on a short-haired girl.
16. But not even an elaborate head tattoo can be saved by white ink.
17. On one hand, you can play with mixing white ink with other colors.
18. But not if that other color is “scary shade of bloody scar.”
19. On one hand, they tend to fade gracefully into nothing.
When they fade, they look less “old” than your typical black ink tattoo. You do NOT, however, want to expose a white tattoo to any kind of sunlight, because it will yellow, so keep that in mind when considering tattoo placement.
20. But you should really do your research when it comes to finding the right tattoo artist.
There are numerous cases of white tattoos gone wrong — especially when an inexperienced tattoo artist uses a blue stencil ink, which can mix in with the white ink and produce an unwanted effect that will NEVER GO AWAY. Make sure your tattoo artist uses a technique called bloodline instead.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️