2. Add cheap framed mirrors to closet doors, painted to match.
The mirrors now suddenly look like they’re built in!
5. Add a simple hardware to your curtain tie-backs.
You can get brass snap hooks for around $2 at any hardware store.
7. Use brackets to decorate a window that doesn’t need to be covered up with curtains.
8. Use napkin rings and ribbons to pretty up your shower curtain.
Or just tie them right onto the shower curtain rod.
A perfect solution if the rings were gettin’ kinda rusty anyway…
9. Mix and match your sheer curtains.
It’ll look especially dreamy in a teenage girl’s bedroom.
14. Attach some simple yarn tassels to your bedskirt.
Fancy bedding can be soooo expensive. Get this straight-out-of-Anthropologie look by buying or making tassels and attaching them to your bedskirt.
16. Cover up an unsightly air vent with a rubber doormat.
Get the DIY here.
17. Just a coat of spray paint will make old air vents look new again.
A can of primer and a can of metallic spray paint will cover at least 10 of your vents.
18. Hang curtain rods to create a makeshift canopy bed.
20. Inexpensive craft store frames fit perfectly around your light switch covers.
21. Use a curved shower curtain rod to make a window look bigger.
It’s called balloon drapery and it will make any living room look just GRAND.
22. Liquid stainless steel paint exists, y’all.
24. If you’re going for a rustic look, planking a wall is a cheap and easy weekend project.
See how they did this here.
25. This insanely simple window shade is magnetic, movable, and no-sew.
Get the directions here.
26. Un-stain and re-stain your furniture.
Getting the stain off a piece of furniture is surprisingly easy. Get the directions here.
27. Framing your bathroom mirror will make it “sit” nicely with the rest of your decor.
Especially if you’re going for a rustic style. Get the directions here.
28. Update your kitchen backsplash by using 3D gel-like tiles that are actually peel and stick.
Get more information here.
29. Cover your unsightly cords with suede cording you can buy at any craft store.
30. Add a strip of trim a bit above already existing baseboards, paint between, and you get faux thick baseboards!
Chunky molding on the cheap. Get the directions here.
31. Add molding + shelving to the top of your kitchen cabinets.
The extra storage is an awesome bonus, but it also adds an extra level of polish to your kitchen. Directions here.