2. When the kids got too clever for their own good.
One evil genius kid learned a load of teaching terms and would use them to question me constantly: “Miss, how would you rate your behaviour management?’, and ‘Miss, do you feel like the majority of the class is making expected progress?”
3. When they lulled a trainee teacher into a false sense of security.
A teacher told me about their first day doing teaching training many years ago at a school in Liverpool. The school was notoriously bad and she had been warned both by people who knew of the school and existing teachers how badly behaved these pupils were in this particular class. To say they were nervous was an understatement.
Just 20 minutes into the first lesson, with the trainee unsupervised, the kids were being good as gold – quiet, well behaved, and interactive, and the teacher was starting to get comfortable and to think that all these warnings were nonsense.
Then, all of a sudden (and this sounds like it was pre-planned and done with military-style execution), this lone kid got up and stood on the table and started singing “It’s Oh So Quiet” by Björk. The teacher stood there in bemusement and confusion wondering what the hell was going on, until the bit where they sang the line “and so peaceful until…”
Next thing, the whole class just went berserk and absolutely ransacked the classroom, forcing the teacher to flee, and the lesson got abandoned. I heard the classroom literally got destroyed as the kids went on the rampage.
6. When there was a mystery poo problem in nursery.
I had a phantom pooer in nursery for a while. Three Fridays in a row a child would curl one out on the floor in the nursery toilet. The next Friday I camped outside the door most of the day and it didn’t happen. I never found out who it was…
- The U.S. will release Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard after 30 years. The move isn't tied to the Iran nuclear deal, American officials say.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- The NFL has upheld Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his alleged involvement with the deflation of footballs 🏈