1. You have your own little dance you do when the music in the intro comes on.
2. You considered boycotting the show when you found out that Christopher Meloni left because you were so upset and thought things could never be the same.
3. You’ve charted the changes in Olivia’s hairstyles over the years.
Longer hair, no prominent highlights. It’s gotta be season 1.
Then in later years her hair looked super hot.
4. Some people debate politics or religion. You debate which of these two was the better ADA.
5. You think you know a fair amount of legal jargon because you’ve watched so much SVU.
Double jeopardy? Hearsay? Subpoena? A sworn affidavit? Right to counsel? Pshhh…bitch please, I watch SVU.
6. That period when there were “temporary ADAs” was really difficult for you because they all sucked.
Sharon Stone was THE WORST.
7. Sometimes you wonder about Detective Jeffries.
Is she OK in Vice? What happened after she slept with the suspect? SO MANY QUESTIONS!
8. You don’t understand people who say they “just don’t like SVU.”
9. You get super emotional when watching the episode where Liv went undercover at Sealview Correctional Facility.
10. You know that anyone who’s anyone has at some point appeared on SVU.
Before House of Cards, Kate Mara starred on SVU as a teen gymnast. Oh, and she killed someone.
Jeremy Irons played a guy who thought he had sex with his daughter.
Cynthia Nixon played a character who pretended to have multiple personalities and also did some really absurd shit.
Sarah Hyland killed it as a teen girl driven insane by academic pressure, lack of sleep, and pills.
11. You can recite the intro…IN YOUR SLEEP.
“In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories.”
13. You know that even though people say SVU is “too violent,” there are some comedic moments.
14. You know the names of Elliot’s kids.
Maureen, Kathleen, Dickie (why?), Lizzie, and Eli.
15. You went through the five stages of grief when Alex Cabot had to go into Witness Protection.
16. You get super pissed when USA shows yet another NCIS marathon on the weekend instead of an SVU one.
17. You know that Dr. Melinda Warner is such a badass.
Plus she taught you what hematoma and exsanguination mean.
18. You know that when you sit down to watch an episode and a marathon is on, you’re in for the long haul.
19. You go back and forth on whether Benson and Stabler hooking up would have ruined everything.
Could there have been something more? WE’LL NEVER KNOW. Or will we?
20. The relationship between Fin and Munch brings joy to your heart.
22. You can recite the Miranda rights on cue.
“You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford one…”
23. Your knowledge of psychopathologies and mental illnesses comes from the one and only Dr. George Huang
What’s that? You want to know what oppositional defiant disorder is? Well, it’s like my good friend Dr. Huang says…
24. You freaked the fuck out when Season 14 ended LIKE THIS:
- Japan lifted an evacuation order on the small town of Naraha for the first time since the 2011 Fukushima nuclear disaster. ›
- One person has died and almost 300 have fallen ill due to a salmonella outbreak linked to cucumbers imported from Mexico. ›