20. “Rare Exports” (2010)
Apparently Santa isn’t about rewarding good children so much as punishing naughty ones. He must be stopped before he kidnaps all the children and kills all the reindeer.
19. “Mr. Willowby’s Christmas Tree” (1995)
A family of mice are just trying to get a nice family Christmas tree, but larger animals keep standing in their way.
18. “Mixed Nuts” (1994)
Everything that could go wrong does for a group of co-workers at a suicide prevention hotline. More importantly, Jon Stewart plays an angry rollerblader.
17. “The Ref” (1994)
A married couple on the verge of splitting up are brought together by a robber who holds them hostage. And by Christmas magic.
16. “A Mom For Christmas” (1990)
Olivia Newton-John plays a mannequin who comes to life when a lonely pre-teen wishes for a mom for the holidays.
15. “Olive The Other Reindeer” (1999)
A delusional dog goes on a mission to save Christmas based on a misunderstanding, but succeeds anyways.
14. “Christmas Every Day” (1996)
The second movie of 1996 that teaches children the danger of wishing every day to be Christmas even thought there’s no danger of that actually happening (the first is Elmo Saves Christmas).
13. “The Christmas List” (1997)
A women who works at the perfume counter at a department store writes a dream Christmas list, and is surprised when her wishes start coming true.
12. “All I Want For Christmas” (1991)
An extremely tiny Thora Birch and her brother plot to get their divorced parents back together for Christmas.
11. “To Grandmother’s House We Go” (1992)
The Olsen twins run away from home, are kidnapped by two appropriately non-threatening criminals, and eventually help a delivery man win the lottery.
10. “One Magic Christmas” (1985)
An angel convinces a woman her husband and children are dead to teach her the importance of Christmas spirit. Luckily it all works out for her in the end.
9. “A Smoky Mountain Christmas” (1986)
Dolly Parton plays a country star who hides from the press in a cabin for Christmas, only to find seven orphans hiding there as well.
8. “The Night They Saved Christmas” (1984)
While looking for oil at the North Pole, a family runs into Santa, who’s willing to help.
7. “White Christmas” (1954)
Through a lot of manipulation and musical numbers two friends enjoy a successful singing career and find musically inclined girlfriends in time for Christmas.
6. “Babes in Toyland” (1986)
In a magical toy land Drew Barrymore learns to love toys and Keanu Reeves marries the girl of his dreams.
5. “The Christmas Toy” (1986)
Basically “Toy Story” with puppets, and a way more depressing take on what happens to toys who are caught out of place.
4. “Gremlins” (1984)
An adorable Christmas present leads to an army of scaly monsters taking over a small town; two teens rush to stop them with just enough time to tell the worst “when I found out there was no such thing as Santa” story ever.
3. “Nestor, The Long-Eared Christmas Donkey ” (1977)
A stop motion film about a teased donkey that protects Mary on her way to Nazareth.
2. “Prancer” (1989)
A sad motherless girl nurses a reindeer to health, in the process fixing her relationship with her remaining family members.
- The fire at a South Carolina black church late Tuesday night wasn't arson, according to a preliminary investigation.
- The U.S. and Cuba have agreed to open embassies in Washington and Havana as they restore diplomatic ties after more than 50 years.
- Greece has become the first developed country to miss a debt payment to the International Monetary Fund.
- The U.S. has defeated Germany 2-0 in the Women's World Cup semis. Team USA will play Japan or England in the final ⚽️