1. Friends: “The One With All The Thanksgivings”
Monica dances with a raw turkey on her head to apologize to Chandler. She’s rewarded with a declaration of his love instead of, more realistically, salmonella.
2. Rugrats: “The Turkey Who Came To Dinner”
Four babies hold their own Thanksgiving parade with a live turkey. Child services is not called.
3. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
Who among us hasn’t dreamed of eating Thanksgiving around a ping pong table?
4. Scrubs: “My Day Off”
JD comes down with appendicitis on Thanksgiving, which means his vivid daydreams become fever dreams. The content doesn’t really change.
5. Boy Meets World: “Turkey Day”
The Hunters host the Matthews for Thanksgiving dinner, raising all kinds of issues about socioeconomic differences that are not resolved but forgotten when all the kids gather together for some pie.
6. Pieces of April
Katie Holmes finally has her teenage rebellion, puts on some eyeliner, tries to cook a Thanksgiving dinner, and learns valuable turkey-related lessons.
7. Full House: “The Miracle of Thanksgiving”
“Full House” reminds its audience that the three cute kids are being raised by three different kinds of comic relief because their mom just died. Also, the turkey gets charred but it’s ok because they still have each other (and side dishes).
8. Scent of a Woman
A miserable old blind man is babysat by an endearingly sweet prep school kid. And like Milo and Otis, they become besties in spite of their differences. But not before grumpy ruins his family’s Thanksgiving.
9. Gilmore Girls: “A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving”
The Gilmore girls manage to fit in four Thanksgiving dinners into a single day and their tiny bodies. Here, their friend’s husband prepares to deep fry a turkey, which sparks a deep frying frenzy that leads to a deep fried boot.
10. The West Wing: “Shibboleth”
Given the task of selecting a turkey to be presidentially pardoned, the press secretary pleads for the lives of both. SPOILER: Both turkeys are saved.
11. Homeward Bound
On Thanksgiving day (evident by the leaves, special occasion outfits, and mom who comes out from cooking the Turkey) two children get their cute pets back and one boy is reunited with the best dog ever.
12. South Park: “Helen Keller the Musical”
Timmy adopts a special needs turkey (Gobbles) to perform in the 4th graders’ Thanksgiving play “Helen Keller: the Musical.” Though the odds are stacked against him, Gobbles stuns everyone by jumping through a ring of fire successfully.
13. Addams Family Values
Sent away to summer camp, the Addams kids rebel against the world’s most politically incorrect Thanksgiving play and make it more interesting, but not less offensive.
14. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: “Pangs”
An angry native American spirit is unleashed, and among other things, gives Xander syphilis.
15. Frasier: “A Lilith Thanksgiving”
In an effort to get their son into a prestigious elementary school, Frasier joins forces with his ex-wife. After completely embarrassing themselves during their interview they assume the only solution is to offer the dean their Thanksgiving turkey. They don’t leave a note.
16. Alice’s Restaurant
It’s Thanksgiving, it’s the 60s, don’t even worry about it man.
17. How I Met Your Mother: “Slapsgiving”
Barney is going to get slapped? Or is he? No he totally is, and it’s so epic it gets its own song.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›
- Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›