1. You let your baby use your award as a sippy cup.
I guess when you’ve won 19 Grammys you can give one to your daughter. Heck, Hov could use one as a dog dish, too.
Mr. 92 Wins, aka John Williams, is best known for composing the Academy Award winning themes to Jaws, Star Wars, E.T., and Schindler’s List.
He’s nominated for another Academy Award this year for his score to The Book Thief. It’s his 49th nomination.
3. You’ve won so many awards in one night that you can barely hold them.
Adele won six Grammys at the 2012 Grammys, and now has 10 overall.
4. Having to attend yet another awards show makes you super grumpy.
When you’ve already won an Academy Award, a Golden Globe, and an Emmy, as Tommy Lee Jones has, awards shows just aren’t fun anymore.
5. You accept an award looking like a slob and leave the stage the same way you would a card game.
Quentin Tarantino has won 89 awards, including Oscars for writing Pulp Fiction and Django Unchained. So, at this point, picking up an award is about as exciting as picking up takeout.
You look like this:
Ol’ Jack was picking up his third Oscar here, so he was probably more excited about the ladies he was going to meet at The Governor’s Ball that night.
7. You send someone in your place to reject your award.
In 1973, Marlon Brando sent actress Sacheen Littlefeather to reject the Academy Award he won for his performance in The Godfather. He said it was to protest the treatment of Native Americans in Hollywood, but maybe it was also because he’d already won one and was over it.
8. You’ve had not one but two incredibly embarrassing things happen to you when walking onstage to accept awards.
9. You’ve won so many awards that you’ve lost count.
Meryl Streep recently told Ellen DeGeneres she didn’t know how many awards she’s won. The number could get even harder to remember if she wins Best Actress at this year’s Academy Awards for her performance in August: Osage County.
Jennifer Lawrence was actually referencing a line from the 1996 movie, The First Wives Club.
So, even 18 years ago, the idea of anyone beating Meryl Streep was ridiculous.
11. You’ve misplaced a major award.
12. You can barely stay awake at an awards show.
You’d be bored too if you’d already won 14 People’s Choice Awards, 13 ASCAP Pop Music Awards, four Billboard Music Awards…
13. You’re really bad at pretending to be surprised when you win.
Yes, Ben. You won. Again.
14. Instead of savoring the moment at an awards show, you get your drink on.
You can do that when, like Emma Thompson, you’ve already won Academy Awards for acting AND screenwriting.
15. You’re shocked when you don’t win.
You can’t win them all, but when you’ve won seven Grammys and 15 American Music Awards by the age of 24 like Taylor Swift, that’s a hard lesson to learn.
16. You’ve won the E.G.O.T.
Composer Marvin Hamlisch, the guy behind the music of A Chorus Line, was one of only 11 people to win an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony Award (aka an E.G.O.T.) As if that weren’t enough, he also won a Pulitzer Prize.
Frozen songwriter Robert Lopez could become the 12th member of the E.G.O.T. club if “Let It Go” wins Best Song at the Academy Awards this Sunday.
He won a Tony and Grammy for co-writing the musical Book Of Mormon, and an Emmy for the music on The Wonder Pets.
17. You keep your Academy Award in the bathroom.
Kate Winslet keeps her Best Actress Oscar for The Reader in the bathroom. What more would you expect of someone just a Tony shy of an E.G.O.T.?