1. There was plenty of useful advice on how to get through the day.
2. And plenty of gags.
3. And topical satire.
Here’s my pumpkin for this year. I’m calling it “News of the World Editor in Six Months Time”.
(Nothing like a bit of pumpkin-based satire).
Here it is! The scariest Halloween pumpkins of 2013. Get carving! #Halloween
5. London Underground got kudos on Twitter for joining in the fun.
6. Though the supermarkets didn’t quite nail it, to be honest.
Morrisons really are pulling out all the stops this year.
7. The grammar pedants were out in force.
8. As were the science geeks.
Happy Halloween! Here’s a witch head in space http://t.co/75yXjhwnM0 via @NASA
9. Some people called for a bit of sympathy for the undead.
10. Others called for a return to the true spirit of the festival.
11. There were bad-taste cartoons.
Carved up your pumpkin yet? #moderntoss #halloween
12. Others didn’t quite get into the spirit.
Get yourself ready for Halloween… #halloween
13. But, of course, there was justified acclaim for the truly creative costumes.
Hats off RT @AlsBoy: For Halloween someone dressed their child up as Gordon Ramsay and I’m glad they did
14. Like this one.
Grave Robin Edds
Stupid Sexy Flanders is my favourite Halloween costume so far.
15. And especially this one.
Nothing To See Here. Just an AMAZING pug who’s dressed as a Wrecking Ball for Halloween …
16. But then someone came up with the most chilling Halloween costume of all.
- The U.S. government is investigating possible unlawful coordination by some airlines to keep prices high ✈️
- Leaders of the U.S. Episcopal Church, which appointed an out gay bishop in 2003, have voted to let clergy perform religious same-sex marriages.
- The Women's World Cup final is set: Team USA and Japan will play on Sunday ⚽️