2. Woman holding a birdcage for some reason.
Must be a: Spooky period tale in the Woman In Black vein.
3. Man lurking by fence.
Must be an: Atmospheric crime novel, featuring a hard-bitten and psychologically complex detective.
4. Woman in long white dress.
Must be a: Novel aimed at women. But with literary pretensions. Definitely not chick lit.
5. Woman in long backless dress.
Must be a: Tale of high-society intrigue (and just a hint of naughtiness) set in the ’20s/’30s.
8. Bloke wearing hood and carrying sword.
Must be a: Fantasy yet again, but this time with a ninja/samurai element.
9. Woman looking out over water.
Must be a: Wistful tale of love, loss and regret, which your mum will read in the bath.
10. Shadowy man walking into the distance.
Must be a: “Taut thriller”, according to Richard And Judy’s Book Club.
11. Woman with luggage.
Must be a: Forgettable airport novel featuring a bland and materialistic married couple going through difficulties.
12. Woman’s legs.
Must be an: Intermittently humorous book about a quirky and self-deprecating woman’s quest to have lots of hot sex.
17. Child’s sad face, handwriting-style font.
Must be a: Misery memoir, supposedly based on real life.
18. Spooky road to nowhere.
Must be a: No-nonsense page-turner, for which the film rights have almost certainly already been sold.
19. Just some leaves.
Must be: Vaguely related to nature. Very much a “will this do?” Father’s Day gift.
- Taylor Swift won Video of the Year for "Bad Blood" at the MTV Video Music Awards. ›