i have been asked what i think of “honey boo”“, can someone tell me who that is~— Shirley Temple Black
Does Shirley Temple really not know who Alanna “Honey Boo Boo” Thompson is, or is she just being a diva? Either way, Shirley and Honey Boo Boo should probably get to know each other, because they’re actually the same person. Here’s why.
1. By looks alone, they’re virtually indistinguishable.
One of these people is Shirley Temple. The other is Honey Boo Boo. It’s nearly impossible to tell them apart.
But the similarities don’t end there.
2. They got their start at a young age.
Shirley Temple began appearing in the Baby Burlesks series at age 3.
Honey Boo Boo first appeared on Toddlers & Tiaras at age 5.
3. They accentuate their curls.
Shirley Temple’s curls were modeled after silent film star Mary Pickford’s.
Honey Boo Boo’s curls were modeled after Shirley Temple’s. Maybe.
4. They inspire fan art.
This is Salvador Dali’s painting Shirley Temple, The Youngest, Most Sacred Monster of the Cinema in Her Time.
This is Jason Mecier’s portrait of Honey Boo Boo created entirely out of trash.
5. They’ve inspired cocktails.
You make a Shirley Temple by mixing Sprite and grenadine. Top with a maraschino cherry.
You make Honey Boo Boo’s Go Go Juice by mixing Mountain Dew and Red Bull. Use with caution.
6. They don’t get why certain celebrities are famous.
Shirley Temple said that Paris Hilton was “stealing the thunder from really talented actors who have learnt their craft.”
That’s basically it.
- Greece's finance minister has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The South Carolina Senate is debating a bill calling for the removal of the Confederate battle flag from statehouse grounds.
- More than 1 million people are expected to attend Pope Francis' mass in Ecuador on Monday.