Preferably hailing from one of the great breakfast taco meccas of Austin: Torchy’s or Tacodeli.
2. Rescuing shelter dogs
Gidget here is still waiting to be adopted. You can find out about her at Austin Pets Alive.
9. Food trailers. ALL OF THEM.
OMG KIMCHI FRIES I LOVE YOU CHI’LANTRO.
12. …yet forbidding them from moving there and crowding our beautiful, sprawling landscape.
We will literally wait in line four hours for this. Because Franklin is the holy grail of brisket.
ALL HAIL BRISKET!
16. Alamo Drafthouse sing-alongs, quote-alongs, and, above all, Master Pancakes.
19. Paul Qui, and all of the heavenly food he has brought to the capital of Texas
20. Rainey Street
Because who doesn’t love a bar that’s basically just a house with a food trailer in the backyard?
23. Austin City Limits
Because why would you ever want to go to CHICAGO for Lolla? No.
28. And getting to listen to them live. All the time.
These guys are Friendly Savages.
29. Tex Mex, margaritas, and Mexican martinis. Preferably all at once.
30. Every single store, eatery, and music venue on South Congress
31. (Especially Amy’s Ice Cream)
Mexican Vanilla, GET IN MY MOUTH!
33. Expressing ourselves.
Just as the thong cyclist has taught us
Is what we get to call home.
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- FIFA has suspended its president Sepp Blatter, secretary general Jerome Valcke, and vice-president Michel Platini for 90 days. ›
- Congressional Democrats are urging the TSA to change its screening procedures for transgender passengers. ›