1. Midwest girls take time to recognize and enjoy the finer things in life.
2. They work hard.
Farmers’ daughters know the value of a good day’s work.
6. They know how to have fun no matter how boring a town may seem.
7. Midwest girls are powerful.
Michelle Obama, and her arms, born in Chicago.
8. They’re super talented.
Madonna, the goddess of pop, born in Bay City, Mich.
9. And they age beautifully.
Cindy Crawford, aka PERFECTION, born in DeKalb, Ill.
12. They are comfortable in pretty much any situation.
No chairs? That’s cool. This bail of hay will work juuuuust fine.
16. They aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty.
~Queen of mud fights~
17. Midwest ladies know the meaning of loyalty.
Especially when it comes to sports teams.
18. And they are passionate in every way.
Again, when it comes to sports, but also in every other way.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Regulators are looking into allegations of "deceptive or unfair" marketing practices at the University of Phoenix.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.