1. We first met Colleen Donaghy, played by the late Elaine Stritch, in Season 1 of 30 Rock.
3. Because that’s what families and mothers are for.
4. From her very first appearance, we fell in love with her snarky attitude.
6. Her creative nicknames for Jack were endless.
7. While Colleen was pretty traditional, she was ultimately looking out for everyone’s best interests.
8. She didn’t have the time or patience for anyone’s nonsense.
9. But she did have a tendency to bring out the best in everyone she comes across.
10. You couldn’t pull a fast one on Colleen — there wasn’t a mystery she couldn’t solve.
11. Even though the holidays weren’t free from her brazen temper…
12. She still managed to light up the room with her charisma and wit.
13. She was protective of her relationship with Jack and loved their quality bonding sessions.
14. But also enjoyed girl talk with Liz whenever she flew into New York for a visit.
17. Despite her tough exterior, she had a way of touching the other characters in the show.
18. Colleen Donaghy was truly a one-of-a-kind woman.
19. And was a vigorous force until the very end.
20. Most importantly, Colleen assured Jack that she’ll *always* be with him, no matter what.
- U.S. President Barack Obama said the United Nations climate summit in Paris could be a "turning point" in saving the planet 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›