1. If you’re in the mood for a childhood classic: Jumanji
Reason to Watch: It’s the perfect amount of scary fun, and, ROBIN WILLIAMS.
Pair With: Meat Lover Pizza. As reminder that you are the top of the food chain.
2. If you’re in the mood for visually stunning adventures in space and time: Doctor Who (Seasons 5 and 6)
Reason to Watch: Not only is it gorgeous to look at, but Matt Smith as the Doctor guarantees a rollicking adventure in every episode.
Pair With: Jammy Dodgers.
3. If you’re in the mood for a terrible romcom from the 90’s: She’s All That
Reason to Watch: HACKEY SACK SCENE. Also if you need more incentive Usher as the DJ at prom.
Pair With: Longing for 90’s Freddie Prince Jr. Also a sheet cake from Cosco that hopefully says Congrats Graduate!
4. If you’re in the mood for conspiracy theories in a trippy animated package: Adventure Time
Reason to Watch: It’s about a boy and his brother/dog adventuring through a candy coated post-apocalyptic wasteland. Sometimes they’re girls though.
Pair With: Bacon pancakes.
5. If you’re in the mood for an inexplicably underrated Disney movie: Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Reason to Watch: Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox) voices the protagonist, and he’s perfectly dorky and charming.
Pair With: Delivery from that one restaurant you were never brave enough to try.
6. If you’re in the mood for fast paced stand up comedy: Bo Burnham: Words, Words, Words
Reason to Watch: There will a confetti break.
Pair With: Anything you would eat copious amounts of in a dorm room.
7. If you’re in the mood for a great 90’s romcom: Clueless
Reason to Watch: So you can sing along to “Rolling With The Homies”.
Pair With: Smoothies. Who are we kidding, milkshakes.
8. If you’re in the mood to watch other high people: Half Baked
Reason to Watch: DAVE. CHAPPELLE. Also acceptable Chappelle Show.
Pair With: Ben & Jerry’s Half Baked ice cream.
9. If you’re in the mood for white kids: Whitest Kids U’ Know
Reason to Watch: What if the Civil War had been fought over drugs?
Pair With: All American apple pie.
10. If you’re in the mood for buddy cop banter: Bad Boys, Bad Boys II
Reason to Watch: Because shit will get real.
Pair With: Donuts. All of them.
11. If you’re in the mood to absorb knowledge: TEDTalks: Space Trek
Reason to Watch: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE. It’s like Cosmos but prettier.
Pair With: Dippin Dots. Acceptable substitution: Rocket Pops.
12. If you’re in the mood for a mystery you’ll never solve: Twin Peaks
Reason to Watch: LOG LADY.
Pair With: Whatever’s in the fridge that’s covered in saran wrap.
13. If you’re in the mood for something shaken not stirred: Dr. No, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice
Reason to Watch: Badass Sean Connery being badass. There’s several more recent era Bond movies streaming as well.
Pair With: Only vodka martinis. Get that crossfade going.
14. If you’re in the mood for crazy Nic Cage: Face Off
Reason to Watch: Crazy. Nic. Cage. Faceswap. With. John. Travolta. Also acceptable, Season of the Witch.
Pair With: Two different flavors of Oreos so you can mix and match.
15. If you’re in the mood for everything and can’t decide: MAD
Reason to Watch: Buffy hates Edward and Bella as much as you do.
Pair With: All of the cereal you own mixed together in one bowl.
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan acknowledged that American forces mistakenly struck a hospital in Kunduz, killing 22 people. ›
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›