1. Benedict Cumberbatch stopped by “Sesame Street” for the most delightful of appearances.
2. In the clip, he found himself face-to-face with his latest enemy, “Murray-arty.”
4. The dastardly Murray-arty challenged him to solve a mathematical puzzle.
5. Then he pretended to be clueless about counting, which of course was the cutest.
7. With the muppet’s help, “Counterbatch” solved the problem and saved the day!
8. Although he couldn’t convince them that he wasn’t actually Sherlock Holmes.
Kimberley Dadds is the UK celebrity editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Ellie Hall is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Washington, D.C.
In The News Today
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria, Prime Minister David Cameron announced. ›
- A Guatemalan judge ordered former President Otto Perez Molina held in jail overnight while hearings over the corruption scandal that led to his resignation take place. ›
- The Justice Dept. has tightened rules on cell phone tracking, forcing federal agencies to get a warrant. ›