1. According to a story in the New Orleans Advocate, Mikayla Stern-Ellis messaged Emily Nappi last Spring to see if she wanted to be roommates when they both began their freshman years at Tulane the following Fall.
2. Mikayla discovered Emily on a Tulane University website meant to help freshmen select their roommates. They both listed themselves as curly-haired California natives who were passionate about theater, and had lesbian parents.
“I was looking at the survey, and I was looking at Emily’s answers and I saw that we had a lot in common,” Mikayla Stern-Ellis told The Tulane Hullabaloo.
3. But Emily already had a roommate, so the girls stayed in touch on Facebook over the Summer.
4. Halfway through the summer, on Father’s Day, Mikayla posted a Facebook status that caught Emily’s eye: “Thank you Colombian sperm donor, for one of my X chromosomes.”
5. Because Emily’s mothers had also selected a Colombian sperm donor, Emily commented on Mikayla’s status, “Not to be creepy. But kinda think we could have same donor.”
6. When they got to school, the girls were roomed in the same dorm, one floor apart, and both got parts in Tulane’s production of “The Vagina Monologues.” Over Thanksgiving break, they both bought the same sweater in different colors.
7. They found out that they both sleeptalk and sleepwalk, and their mothers both added an extra lock to their front doors to keep them from wandering outside at night.
8. Over Winter break, both girls talked to their moms about the crazy similarities and showed them pictures of each other.
9. Mikayla’s parents suggested both girls request their four-digit sperm-donor’s number to see if they matched.
10. Sure enough, the numbers matched. And the girls couldn’t be happier (or cuter).
11. They even made a Facebook page!
12. So basically, The Parent Trap is real.
- Austria and Germany will allow people seeking refuge from the war in Syria who are currently in Hungary to come to their countries. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›