1. According to a story in the New Orleans Advocate, Mikayla Stern-Ellis messaged Emily Nappi last Spring to see if she wanted to be roommates when they both began their freshman years at Tulane the following Fall.
2. Mikayla discovered Emily on a Tulane University website meant to help freshmen select their roommates. They both listed themselves as curly-haired California natives who were passionate about theater, and had lesbian parents.
“I was looking at the survey, and I was looking at Emily’s answers and I saw that we had a lot in common,” Mikayla Stern-Ellis told The Tulane Hullabaloo.
6. When they got to school, the girls were roomed in the same dorm, one floor apart, and both got parts in Tulane’s production of “The Vagina Monologues.” Over Thanksgiving break, they both bought the same sweater in different colors.
- A strong earthquake struck southern Taiwan, killing at least 13 people and causing buildings to collapse.
- Days before New Hampshire's presidential primary, John Kasich got back-to-back questions about a lead water crisis in his home state of Ohio 🇺🇸
- Do you know what happened in the news this week? Time to take our quiz.