1. This is Bill Paxton:
2. You know him as the Mormon polygamist husband in Big Love:
3. And he’s the present day guy searching for the necklace in Titanic:
This is a GREAT sweater, can we all agree?
4. And the tornado chaser/Helen Hunt romancer in Twister.
5. Wait, who is this tall lanky fellow in sunglasses in a 1979 music video?
6. IT’S BILL PAXTON!!!!
7. One of Bill’s first roles ever was in a 1979 music video for a weird art group called Barnes & Barnes called “Fish Heads”.
8. He didn’t just act in it, he directed the video. Here is Bill hosting a birthday party for his fish heads.
9. Who is this man who plays the bum?
10. It’s Dr. Demento!!
Dr. Demento hosted a radio show of “weird music” on Sunday nights for 40 years, syndicated around the country. He discovered Weird Al Yankovic.
11. Here is Bill ordering a fish head at the fish mongers and then everyone freaks out because they love fish heads:
13. “Fish Heads” became a cult hit, and was one of the biggest hits on Dr. Demento’s popular radio show. These gifs don’t do its weirdness justice, you really have to hear the song:
14. Take us to the chorus, Bill!
- President Obama stepped up his climate change campaign on Monday while touring the Alaskan Arctic, warning that it's "almost too late" to stop global warming. He is the first U.S. President to tour the Arctic. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›
- A video released on Monday shows two Texas deputies fatally shooting a man with his hands up. A witness sold the footage to a local TV station for $100. ›