1. A disturbing ‘face slimmer’.
The Japanese makers of this 400RMB (£40) product claim that three minutes a day spent exercising your jaw muscles with it firms your face up. That you’d resemble a blow-up sex doll while using it is an issue they don’t address.
3. The latest in snail mucus cosmetics.
Snail mucus is the latest thing on the anti-aging product scene, and on Taobao you can get hold of the slime helpfully pre-spread onto face masks.
4. Ridiculously cutesy bear pyjamas.
Extra points for the bear’s unamused expression and “don’t shoot” paws-up gesture.
6. …And a dungarees and t-shirt outfit too.
The crotchless, doggy penis-freeing design is a masterstroke in hound hygiene.
7. A super-cool safari-style cat jumper.
This pussy’s pout is perfect for the, ahem, catwalk.
8. ‘Whitening’ face-lift oil.
Sadly, skin whitening products are still popular among the Chinese, with the makers of this one claiming it has the same effect as botox too. The plastic sheen of this model’s face is testament to that aspect, at least.
9. This creepily crinkly baby doll.
Designed for training in hospitals, this still hopelessly freaks us out.
12. …And Bruce Willis’ head too.
You can buy these to stick on top of headless plastic dolls to create your own blockbuster in your bedroom.
13. A fun novelty blood transfusion kit.
Perfect for Halloween.
14. This huge scythe and matching ‘battle suit’.
‘Cosplay’ – dressing up as fantasy characters – is hugely popular in China, with many young people spending fortunes on dolling themselves like characters from animations. This kit only costs 90RMB (£9), mind.
15. Some pills to make your penis ‘improve’.
There’s a lot of sex stuff on Taobao. At least they blurred out the key area on this description page.
Let’s look at the full body view.
With rotating limbs and other areas, this almost life-sized blow-up sex aid version of Becks can, according to the blurb, pleasure you in 36 different ways and “make you happy grasp of their own!”
It’s slightly less sexy before inflation.
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. Libya has been in chaos since its dictator was overthrown in 2011. ›
- It could take more than a year for Volkswagen to fix all its cars with diesel engines rigged to evade emissions tests, the company's U.S. CEO said. ›