On tonight’s Law & Order: SVU, Detective John Munch (Richard Belzer) will retire in style (I mean, do you see that tux?!). But before the tears start welling up behind the tinted eyewear you’ll all be wearing in his honor tonight, let’s remember the good times, the one-liners, and the twisted jokes Munch has muttered for the past 20 years on Homicide: Life on the Street, Arrested Development, The X-Files, The Wire, 30 Rock, The Simpsons, Sesame Street, and three different iterations of Law & Order (the OG, Trial By Jury, and, of course, as a member of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit).
8. And his conspiracy theories do come in handy.
10. Which allow him the ability to pull off tinted glasses.
Because if they weren’t tinted, he’d look like this in the interrogation room. No thanks, The X-Files costume department.
Watch Munch’s retirement on Law & Order: SVU on Wed., Oct. 16 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on NBC.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and the gloves were off 🇺🇸
- North Korea launched a rocket that the country said was carrying a satellite, but which some critics believe was a way to test prohibited missile technology.
- Beyoncé dropped a new song and video called "Formation". She's performing at the Super Bowl on Sunday 👑🐝