1. When feminist @LilyBolourian tweeted her selfie with the satirical hashtag #FeministsAreUgly, she aimed to start a movement.
2. Soon @cheuya joined in, tweeting her selfie with the hashtag to help dispel all bored stereotypes about feminists being “humourless” and “ugly”.
3. A movement that urged that women needn’t conform to Western standards of beauty to be lovely.
4. And they briefly made Twitter a wonderful, beautiful, feminist place.
5. Look at this bandana-wearing threat to patriarchy.
6. Here’s a drop-dead gorgeous mocker of misogyny.
7. This one feminist is fab even when she’s furious.
8. And this feminist who doesn’t need long locks to be glorious.
9. Look at these feminists, who can light up a room with their smiles.
10. And this beauty who didn’t even get the memo.
11. This badass proves that the “no horizontal stripes” rule is bullshit.
12. This one can be terrifyingly pretty.
13. This feminist can makes head turn without effort.
14. This one could easily be a supermodel.
15. And you can never be as chillaxed as this free-spirited feminist.
16. We even saw some familiar feminists faces…
20. And Rou Reynolds.
21. A summary of what we’ve learned today:
This post has been updated to include more information about the start of the movement.
- The main suspect in last month's bombing of Bangkok's Erawan shrine has been arrested, Thailand's prime minister says. ›
- Hundreds of people have arrived by train to Austria from Hungary on Monday, as European Union asylum rules collapsed under the escalating migration crisis. ›
- A video released on Monday shows two Texas deputies fatally shooting a man with his hands up. A witness sold the footage to a local TV station for $100. ›