1. If you’ve been living under a rock (specifically one without internet access) and don’t know what the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is, it’s a viral trend that began in the U.S. to raise awareness and donations for Lou Gehrig’s Disease.
Being challenged leaves you with two options: Either donate $100 to ALS research and treatment, OR dunk a bucket of ice on your head. For some unfathomable reason, all the richest people in the world are choosing the latter. And yes, those are GIFs of David Beckham and Britney Spears doing it.
3. Tennis sensation Sania Mirza did two takes of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge in her bathtub.
This second time was slow and painful. You go, girl!
4. She tagged actor Riteish Deshmukh, who took the challenge while shooting for a film.
It’s funny that Riteish did this on a movie set because it’s not like he was gonna act anyway, AMIRITE?
He tagged his friends Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan, Siddharth Malhotra, Pulkit Samrat and Ashish Chowdhry.
6. Bollywood starlet Bipasha Basu was tagged by her bestie Suzie:
That tiny bucket? Really, Bips? Brown moms freeze leftover curry in containers that size.
7. Actress Hansika Motwani didn’t sleep on the challenge either.
There wasn’t enough water in there but that’s okay; you did it, Hansika.
8. Daler Mehndi, who introduced himself modestly as “Turban Man from India,” froze his pagg by pouring three ice buckets on himself. #Overachiever
Please note that this stunt took place in what looks like a living room. There’s a frickin’ T.V. less than two feet away from Daler ji. There is quite possibly a nice carpet under his feet too (which is ruined and smells like wet dog now). But Daler was chill even before he dunked the icy water on his head.
He tagged Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan and Priyanka Chopra.
Spoiler: The chill will make SRK sound like himself in Darr.