1. If you’ve been living under a rock (specifically one without internet access) and don’t know what the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is, it’s a viral trend that began in the U.S. to raise awareness and donations for Lou Gehrig’s Disease.
Being challenged leaves you with two options: Either donate $100 to ALS research and treatment, OR dunk a bucket of ice on your head. For some unfathomable reason, all the richest people in the world are choosing the latter. And yes, those are GIFs of David Beckham and Britney Spears doing it.
2. The Ice Bucket Challenge has arrived in India and, never to be outdone, our celebrities are totally game for it.
Considering our summer heat, this is a case of two birds with one stone, really.
3. Tennis sensation Sania Mirza did two takes of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge in her bathtub.
This second time was slow and painful. You go, girl!
4. She tagged actor Riteish Deshmukh, who took the challenge while shooting for a film.
It’s funny that Riteish did this on a movie set because it’s not like he was gonna act anyway, AMIRITE?
He tagged his friends Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan, Siddharth Malhotra, Pulkit Samrat and Ashish Chowdhry.
5. Abhishek Bachchan followed suit and let’s just say it involved a mini freak-out.
Abhishek was, dare we say, ‘Abhi-shaken.’
He tagged the same people as Riteish. Watch the video here.
6. Bollywood starlet Bipasha Basu was tagged by her bestie Suzie:
That tiny bucket? Really, Bips? Brown moms freeze leftover curry in containers that size.
7. Actress Hansika Motwani didn’t sleep on the challenge either.
There wasn’t enough water in there but that’s okay; you did it, Hansika.
8. Daler Mehndi, who introduced himself modestly as “Turban Man from India,” froze his pagg by pouring three ice buckets on himself. #Overachiever
Please note that this stunt took place in what looks like a living room. There’s a frickin’ T.V. less than two feet away from Daler ji. There is quite possibly a nice carpet under his feet too (which is ruined and smells like wet dog now). But Daler was chill even before he dunked the icy water on his head.
He tagged Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan and Priyanka Chopra.
Spoiler: The chill will make SRK sound like himself in Darr.
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›
- SAB Miller has accepted "in principle" a takeover offer from Anheuser-Busch InBev, which would create the world's largest beer company. ›